Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sanity Already Returning...Slowly

1. Even I had to laugh at my last blog. It was pretty out there and funny.

2. This is your friendly prison warden reminding you that I AM DONE FOR SUMMER!

3. Well at least I think I'm done. There's no summer school and not that many year round schools.

4. I just flirted with a news guy on Twitter (he does the news on one of our biggest talk radio stations) and he added me as a friend on Facebook. I feel like a teenager! Squee! He's really cute and has a sexxxxay voice.

5. How old am I?

6. Glad S is feeling better. Still pissed I can't go to the wedding.

7. Don't let the fact that I haven't talked much about missing the Church show fool you. I feel really sad about it. But frankly, I feel much better physically this week and that takes priority.

8. I feel badly (bad? what the hell kind of English teacher am I going to be?) about the kids who were planning to see the band in Kansas City. Kansas? KC? Who knows. Somewhere in flyover country as we Angelenos like to say.

9. My gay boyfriend Anderson Cooper's airplane was hit by lightning today. God doesn't know who He's messing with here!He needs to stop scaring my Anderson!

10. I have to go to a bank tomorrow and deal with a CD. Interest rates SUCK. I might be lucky enough to get 2.25% on my CD. I remember getting 7% once. Of course I also remember the Carter years...not that I had CD's back then...but still. 11, 12%? Crazeeeee.

11. We are still going to Palm Springs even though it's going to be brutally hot. Fuck it. I've been there in 115 degree weather. I'm getting a massage, going to the movies and gambling with the money I don't have. I'll also swim in the pool at 6am when it's only 95 degrees. Hahahahahaa. Heh. Can you say shitloads of sunscreen and a hat? Plus water and a spray bottle?

12. I heard today LAUSD is laying off 2,000 more workers. They ran out of stimulus money. What, do they fucking burn it as soon as they get it?

13. I am out of cat food. This is a scary prospect as the cats start looking at me funny. Mmmm...hungry.

14. I am super superstitious. I can't stop this blog on #13. Sorry. Deal with my eccentricities people!

3 comments:

veleska1970 said...

1: i always look forward t your blogs. and they always make me laugh.

2 & 3: enjoy your time off. you well deserve it.

4: do tell more!!

7 & 8: yeah, this is a weird tour for them.

11: enjoy enjoy enjoy, no matter how hot it is. you are entitled to it.

Thomas Irvin said...

Wait, the guy does radio and he's "really cute"? I didn't think that happened.

Oh, and there are actually two Kansas Citys. (Notice I didn't say two Kansas Cities.) There's Kansas City, Missouri, which is the larger, more cosmopolitan of the two, and Kansas City, Kansas, which has a lot of discount furniture stores. The division is a road, called State Line Road.

I'm not sure where the Church were due to play, but it was probably out of the way.

General Catz said...

You must be pissing in your pants at the weather in PS right now. I can barely stand going outside.

I think stimulus money first went to the top dogs in politics, then down to the programs. Nothing burns money as fast as government.

I think i'm getting .05 on my CD or something like that. I don't think it's fair. And i can't touch it till october i think. bastards.