Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

WTF? I am having problems with the font size again on this thing. I KNOW how to change the font size. It just won't take. I am so pissed at blogger! I can't imagine what I could be doing wrong! Anyway...

Well my lovely spring break is almost at an end. I'm not sure if I'll be called Monday to work, but I know I'll be called sometime next week so officially fun times are over on Monday for me. It was more productive than I'd hoped because I actually got some great SLEEP! And we know how elusive that is for me. I haven't slept this well in months. I also read a lot, watched a lot of movies and just generally enjoyed not being around those little shits.

Speaking of...haha...I had to take my mom for her colonoscopy yesterday. She insists they didn't give her enough anesthesia last time so this time they really, really drugged her out. She was wacky yesterday. I stayed overnight with her just to make sure everything was OK. The good news is she got a totally clean bill of health - as far as her colon is concerned. At least you get insta-results with a colonoscopy.

I'm sure you all know this by now but I did buy tickets to see The Church at the Roxy. I succumbed to the fear that they might not tour again; although part of me sees The Church touring on walkers if need be. I am going to have to see who might go with me - if anyone. Sad!

Well, because of my bench accident, I really screwed up my right ankle. For some crazy reason it didn't start hurting until almost a week after the accident. Now it's killing me. I think I've sprained it. It's really bruised and it hurts somewhat to walk. It was getting better but today it hurts even more. If it doesn't start getting better soon I'm gonna have to see another dr. and we all know how much I HATE SEEING DOCTORS!

I am still at my mom's waiting for her to come home with the groceries for Easter dinner. We are not religious about Easter at all, but we still do the dinner thing. I like to think of Easter as a pagan holiday celebrating spring - what it started out as in the beginning anyway, no doubt. It's not like I'm a kid and am going to get an Easter basket. I have serious trouble with the Christian beliefs that surround Easter; I always have.

Anyway, this blog is very similar to my break in that it is full of a whole lotta nothin' but I thought I'd check in with y'all anyway. I keep looking at V's blog to see if she is officially preggers but nothing! I'm going to call her. I'm sure she is; I just wanted to see if she went to the doc's. I'm so nosy. But excited!

4 comments:

veleska1970 said...

i actually don't go to the doctor until this monday. i will definitely keep you posted.

whoops~~gotta run. i'll comment more later.

daydreamer said...

Hey Queenie, did you know you were featured on NPR the other night? Also in National Geographic. Queen H is suddenly a celeb!

I JUST finished watching Religulous. What a hoot! Ties right in to your comment about easter, not to mention SK's recent blog. Anyway, I'm glad you at least got some decent sleep. Are you sure you want to go back to work? Maybe you could sue the school dist. for your bench accident. btw I thought you being kind, increasing the font size so I could read it without my glasses.

veleska1970 said...

ok, now that i have a little more time....

you probably did sprain your ankle. you should probably have it x-rayed and then a splint put on it. then you'll be out of work for a little longer. but it must heal correctly.

i wish i could go with you to the roxy to see the church. but i don't think i'll be able to. i am so disappointed with them that i cannot see straight. i was really hoping they would come to dallas again. as it is, they are completely skipping over the southern US.

enjoy your easter and the last day of your spring break. any plans? i'm going over to my mother-in-law's for easter dinner. she cooks all the time.

love yas

General Catz said...

A friend broke her arm and didn't know it for a week. you need to get this looked at. if it's a sprain there's not much they can do except wrap it.

Hope your easter dinner was yummy.

i chickened out on my colonoscopy. it can wait a year.