Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring Break

Ok, do NOT get me wrong - I LOVE not being at work. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Not being around those stupid trashy wanna be gangsta kids with their filthy vulgar mouths? It's lovely. But spring break is kind of lonely when you're the only one on it. My friend Cheri, who is also a teacher, is naturally on her break NEXT week. Boo hoo.

Why do all you people have to live in different states? Texas, Arizona, Illinois, Ohio - even northern California (which would love to separate from us and become its own state I'm sure). Of course California can't take anymore people, that's for sure. Maybe I should move - but sadly I can't handle snow and extreme heat. Wuss!!!

Well I'm going to go off and entertain myself and don't take that the wrong way all you kids with dirty minds! ; )

7 comments:

General Catz said...

I used to hate taking any time off unless i had something to do. Just don't like hanging around the house, except for the odd "attitude adjustment" day.

And yes, i have to grumble about the distances, too. All my girlfriends are so far away!

Word ver: extatinc

General Catz said...

"I used to hate taking any time off unless i had something to do."

I meant SOMEWHERE TO GO.

veleska1970 said...

my spring break was almost three weeks ago. it was early this year. i spent it at home, and not that i didn't mind, because i was really really tired. (now i know why i was so tired, what with school and work and being preggers... ;) )

eek said...

I've been doing the self-employed at home with no set schedule thing for so long I have almost completely lost track of the days of the week and holidays. Christmas and New Years I usually notice because they are close together and get so much attention. It kind of takes a lot of the fun out of many holidays -- I mean I used to look forward to Presidents Day because I got a day off work, but now it's just a day the post office and banks are closed. >:(

Queen Hatshepsut said...

That's how I feel in the summer Holly. All the days just blend together. Once I finally get a job, I'll probably teach summer school to break it up.

Sandy said...

Spring break? What's that?

I know what you mean, tho. When I first started working at my current career, I worked nights and weekends, the total opposite of any of my friends. I missed everything! That's when I decided I might as well go back to school and finish my BA. Lotta good that did me ~

Anonymous said...

I fully endorse your right to entertain yourself however you see fit. There is no wrong way.