Friday, April 07, 2006

MadameBastet-firing-neurons

MadameBastet-firing-neurons
Sick for a week
Camille couldn't do any better than this!
Wracked with this tuburcular hacking
Seven days, seven nights of insomnia
I've missed all week with my kids
And now they're on Spring Break.

I miss the kids so much.
I don't think I realized how much joy
they bring me.
And if anyone needs joy, it's me.

That, and sleep.
Where the hell did it go?
Twelve years + tired tired tired
and I can't fucking sleep.

Even with Ambien, the miracle drug!
I'm not even sleep eating!
Or sleep walking!
Or sleep dancing!
I'm just lying in my new bed
Night after night
wishing I had wings
so like the proverbial vampire bat
I'd fly all over the seedy blackness
and find some other screwed up
body clocks
to compare sad, lonely notes with.

What kind of person takes two different kinds of sleeping meds
And still can't sleep?
Why does this afflict me so?
Why can't I be normal in just this one tiny way?

The day is lousy with waste.
It's over.

No comments: