Tuesday, April 04, 2006

MadameBastet-firing-neurons

MadameBastet-firing-neurons

Traveling Through Byzantium

Is it blue
Is it gold
Are you still young
Would I be old?

Is it black
Is it white
Is it beyond
Day or night

And would you know my name?

This love has survived nearly a decade alone
Unrequited but not uninvited
For you have never left
The neurons of my mind
Brain chemistry has not yet failed me

If this is the soul
Then it has loved you
Into eternity.

Did you know
We have fought
And I have cursed you
Ignored you and begged you
To come home

Though I know you are now beyond
This space, this place, this time
You are only synapses firing in my mind

And as the years pass I fear the dimming
Of these sparks, this great light

Yet I believe you are now woven
Into the fabric of my being
My energy is your energy now
You continue on through me

Not simply in physicality
Though it’s you when I look in the mirror
You’re the laughter in my voice
The humor in my words
The courage in the heart of all my fear
Yours is the energy I hold most near

Though I still long to know
Is it blue
Is it gold
This place you now call home

And I remember crying
Please don’t leave me alone.

It doesn’t matter in the end
If the skies glitter madly
Or the heavens are cobalt, azure or cornflower blue
You’re not there anyway

You’re in every cell of my being
The blood coursing through each vein
And when I miss you the most
When I weep and whisper your name
It is only then you are so achingly close.

No comments: