Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Today marks one year since I went into the hospital for my embolism. I'm alive!!!!
Yay! Seriously, I'm very, very grateful to be here, considering how serious my condition was.

Also, I saw my cardiologist and he agreed I can stop the Coumadin so tonight will be my last night taking it! Yay again! I can now eat whatever I want, and start taking aspirin, Aleve and whatever else I want again. Also, no more weekly or monthly blood tests. Yes, I now have a greater chance than the average person of having another embolism, but I am off the Pill and will not be taking anymore hormones EVER and I think I'll be OK. There are a lot of dangers to being on blood thinners and I don't want to deal with those anymore.

Cheri is still living with me - it's worked out really well. I've enjoyed having her here quite a bit after being alone so long. She's probably going to stay about a month longer.

I had a JOB INTERVIEW - it was actually for an English teaching position at Malibu High School. I would've only been teaching two classes though. I don't think I got it. I know I didn't get it. Oh well. On to the next challenge! I learned a lot from the interview and I think I'll be better prepared for the questions I'll be asked in my next interview. If there ever is another interview, haha.

I took my Excel computer class again. I understood it much better this time but still, I'm not going to be good at Excel. If I can make and understand the most basic spreadsheet, I will consider that a huge victory. I also took the Word Intermediate class, but I had such a SHITTY instructor I am taking it again as well. (I can take the classes again for free).

That's about all folks. Still going to Curves (although I flaked twice last week - bad girl), still looking for a job. Can't believe it's basically August!

3 comments:

veleska1970 said...

has it already been a year?!?!?!!! wow. all these anniversaries. it's been a year since staci got married, too.

but i'm glad you are no longer on that medication. it's a bitch having to take a pill every day for the rest of your life. trust me on that one. ;) especially, ESPECIALLY, one that has all those side effects and dangers.

glad everything is working out with cheri. hopefully she can get back on her feet soon.

better luck with the next interview. hopefully you'll get something soon.

i hate excel. i loathe and detest it. and i've discovered through my travels that it's either a "love it" or "hate it" situation with excel. i've met people that absolutely love it and would die for it, and then there's people out there like me that wouldn't give it the time of day. there's no in between.

good on ya for still going to curves. i've fallen off the wagon with that one.

miss you.

General Catz said...

How did i miss this one? Yay for your anniversary. Well, yay you're alive anyway! I mean, what's the alternative?

How are the computer classes going?

Unknown said...



Craglorn’s quests and exploration unit designed for groups of four Veteran Rank 10+ characters (although you will enter and play earlier) thus this update is definitely geared towards ESO Gold keeping the endgame players happy.