Friday, August 20, 2010

Groovy Man!

Blogger has these new templates and I really like this one. For now. It just seems so retro and 1960's. I'll probably change my mind about it soon.

Well I've had a whopping two interviews for teaching jobs; one job I didn't get and one I suspect I didn't get but don't know for sure yet. The second job was in a really horrible part of L.A. which just shows you how desperate I AM for a job.

Cheri is still here. Things are still going well. I now have no idea when she's leaving, haha. I'm worried about her though. She's only applied for teaching positions and time is running out. Many schools have already started and the ones that haven't start in the next 2-3 weeks.

I went off the Coumadin about three weeks ago. It's only been three weeks granted, but so far, so good.

I've signed up to substitute teach again - in a different district that L.A. so it's less money but no doubt the kids will be more civilized. The kids in L.A. were monsters and the money they gave you was hazard pay. L.A. isn't hiring for subs anyway.

I got my resume redone by a professional to start look for administrative assistant positions too. I'd encourage Cheri to do the same but she can't even type more than 20 words a minute and knows NOTHING about any computer programs. Yikes.

Anyway, now it's just a matter of finding places that are hiring. I never thought I'd be out of work so long and have such trouble finding a job. Recession my ass. Depression is more like it. At least for some of us.

And on that happy note, that's about it. Wish I had better news.

6 comments:

General Catz said...

So sorry to hear things are so bad. If i had to get a job right now i don't know what i'd do. And i'm sorry, but i have far too many skills to flip burgers. It's an honest day's work but jeez....

Is it getting cramped with Cheri there? You seem a little concerned she may never leave.

I do like the wallpaper, but definitely late 60s.

veleska1970 said...

love the new look. it's definitely engroovulated. (that's a ron-ism. he makes up words like this all the time.) :)

sorry that you both are having such a hard time finding a job right now. hopefully something will happen for you soon. best of luck to you both.

how's fletcher?

veleska1970 said...

oh, i forgot to mention the coumadin. i'm glad you are off it and not having any problems being off it. that's great news.

hongxanh said...

Great too, wish you happy

Unknown said...


Kindle your TESO launchers and acquire fixture, as a results of the Craglorn update has gone live. This update brings the game’s first major content patch, and different fixes and refinements along side identical recent array of ESO Gold bugfixes and patches.

Qposter said...

It is a pleasure going through your site because I love your every post. That's why I have bookmarked your site to check out new stuff from you. Thanks for sharing ...