Friday, June 05, 2009

Nice

Am at work again. At the "good" school. Was feeling OK until I read Catz's blog. Wow, what a way to call someone out on something. Instead of writing me a private email asking me not to call her at night, she makes my name the title of her blog and lets everyone know how irritated with me she is. So yeah, I'm feeling like shit now; who wouldn't? I don't know what I did that was so bad I should be publicly chastised on a blog. I was trying to be a friend; I wasn't calling at midnight and didn't know it was such a terrible time to call. I know things are hellish right now for her - hence my worry and my call. I'm sorry I was a bother. Fuck it.

I must be a real fuck-up if I can't even be a friend correctly to someone. If there's a problem with me, I always want to hear about it. I just don't feel I need to be chastised like a child in front of other blog readers.

Just my opinion. Don't worry, I WILL NOT make the mistake of calling again, at any time.

4 comments:

Thomas Irvin said...

You can call me anytime, day or night, 24/7/365. There's no baby to wake up, no roommate, no jealous girlfriend, nothing to worry about. Either I'll pick it up and be delighted to hear from you or I just won't hear it (I sometimes leave the phone in a pocket somewhere and miss a call or two).

Then again, I could call you once in a while, too. I'll do that sometime soon.

Anyone who can put up with the shit you put up with is okay in my book.

Sandy said...

That's one of the reasons I hate the telephone. I always feel like I'm intruding whenever I call someone. I SO prefer email! Although there is something especially comforting about voice to voice contact when things get rough. IMO you did no wrong. It sounds like everyone is under a lot of stress.

General Catz said...

DENISE! I wasn't being serious! And i wasn't calling you out in front of other blog readers. There are only 4 of you anyway, it's closed to the rest of the world.

i was glad you called, i was just too exhausted to try and hold a coherent conversation. I wouldn't have called you if i didn't want to talk.

you must be feeling really shitty to have taken it all the way you did. you know you could never upset me.

if you don't want to talk again i understand, but you took everything out of its context and blew it up. i'm sorry for that.

General Catz said...

p.s. when i start anything with "Argh!" it's a playful joke. Always. i thought you had gotten that.