Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Transitions

If you don't know who you are
Then you never were much to me anyway
If you don't know you're fading fast
I wonder how long you thought this would last

You've extricated yourself from my life
With busyness and business and other such excuses
And certainly you must know a rose untended to
Will die on the vine

I wish there was something more than history
To fill my memories
To remind me of why I even bother trying
This may indeed be our last hurrah

But it doesn't feel very festive to me
A death is a death by any name
And for you my dear, I no longer feel the same

And not with a bang but with a whimper
Will this - what? relationship? breathes its last
Don't worry my dear
We'll always have the past.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I hope this isn't about me. I know I've been pretty damn flakey.

Sandy said...

Or is it flaky? Geez, I don't even know how to spell.

veleska1970 said...

this sounds like a broken friendship. it describes exactly how i felt when i split from my first husband.

well done!!

Queen Hatshepsut said...

Sandy - of course this isn't about you! It's sadly about someone I have known for a while but whose presence in my life is fading. Faded.

NOT ABOUT YOU! Silly girl!

Thomas Irvin said...

I suspect it's about the old computer.