Monday, February 09, 2009

Sweet Mother of Mary There IS a GOD!

That, or I am simply a genius. I jest. I just found out I PASSED both of my CSET English Literature and Composition exams. (CSET = California Subject Examinations - put in place by NCLB and Bush to make sure teachers know their subject matter and pedagogy).

HOW did this happen? I was totally emotionally unable to study for these tests. I think I studied a grand total of 3 days before taking them. I know I'm a good bullshitter. That had it to be on the compositions. I must have guessed well on the multiple choice exam too.

The fact is: I have to take two more exams: Linguistics and the history of the English language, and Communications and Media. The test date is March 14th.

I am high as a kite, have done my "Tom Cruise jumping on the couch" run through the apartment about five times and scared Zoe into the next zip code.

But dammit, once you take these tests, you NEVER HAVE TO TAKE THEM AGAIN. I am two tests and one methods class away from being certified to teach English. It's actually kind of a scary prospect.

JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

eek said...

Yay!! Congratulations!!

I never could effectively study for tests so I was lucky to pass any of them!

veleska1970 said...

congratulations!!! i'm jumping on my couch for ya.

;)

love yas

General Catz said...

That is so fucking cool. You and V are tearing the educational system apart! Good on both of yas.

Freddie said...

(applause)

:-)