Sunday, May 07, 2006

MadameBastet-firing-neurons

MadameBastet-firing-neurons
What if they said this is all a dream
and you could not be labeled a failure or a success
a tragedy or a triumph
there would be no saviour nor salvation
and there would be no cross to bear?

What if this was just a fantasy
and all the nightmares were just that
and you could wake up any time you wanted
and have all you ever wanted
come back?

I do not think of you very often you see
in your home away from home
in that grave in the cemetary
in fact I rarely come to see you anymore
(Have you noticed?)

I'm too busy keeping my head above water
in this place above ground
I gave you my penance years ago
a half decade of obsessing
where did he go?
What's behind curtain #1, #2, #3
I did everything but call a Seance
to bring you back to me.

Now you have to understand
You chose to leave
Fact or fiction
Random chance or destiny tried and true
I cannot ever from this crazy place
get back to you.

So what if this were indeed a dream
and nothing really mattered
Like your decision one meaningless night
to pull rank
pull the trigger
leave body, blood, bone
and family
shattered?

What if they said this was all a dream
and there was no tragedy here?
Triumph was futile
and there was no cross to bear
and you never existed
and I never cared.

No comments: