Saturday, April 29, 2006

MadameBastet-firing-neurons

MadameBastet-firing-neurons
So what do you want to know?
How I blew it at the start
That I'm still waiting for the show?
Keeping fingers crossed and Hail Mary's at the ready
I wallowed a bit too much this birthday week
but I figure, hey I've earned it buddy.

Yesterday was Tanner's birthday
He turned 6 years old
And wore a king's crown all day
I said kid, you won't remember any of this
but this is the best time of your life, oh yeah, this is bliss

You're living in the most perfect moment
You've got no bitter gripe against the past
You're ignorant of the long tomorrows ahead
But kid, let me tell you, it goes so bloody fast.

So what do you want to know?
That I'd do it all over again
Yeah I'd get lost just to get found
That the story's ruined because I know the end?

Daddy I dreamt of you a few nights ago
You were pissed but I don't know why
You don't spend much time with me
For a ghost I guess that's just reality

What do you want to know?
That I'd give it all up for a pain-free day
Yeah you know I would
Cuz when the body's fucked up
Ain't none of it good.

No comments: