Thursday, April 27, 2006

MadameBastet-firing-neurons

MadameBastet-firing-neurons
"Symbiotic"

I want to see you down
Ruined like some ancient metropolis
Crushed like dead and long forgotten cities in dust

I want to see you down
Behind closed doors
on cold, hardwood floors
or even the earthly ground

I want to see what the years will do to you
Beauty kissed you once but her love won't last forever
How can I love you and yet wish upon you this cruelty
Smiling for the cameras with yes men to keep you clever

I love you because in you there's no reality
All the dead trees in the world won't make it so
I think it's just your karma I want to steal
I want to watch all your loveliness go

Yes, Mother Nature's a bitch
(the mirror told me so)
I want to watch her dance with you too
The slow waltz of fleshy decay
These are pathetic mercies and sad triumphs
for all of us I'm afraid

We want to build you up like the finest Grecian temple
Then with bitter years pull you down
Slow cracks in your facade
Even the finest Italian marble won't outlast the applause

Even you will crumble down my friend, sad and flawed.

No comments: