Saturday, April 29, 2006

MadameBastet-firing-neurons

MadameBastet-firing-neurons
I fell in love with you

in a dark room.

I never expected it

to happen this way.

You must know
and cannot claim to be the unknowing or unwilling victim
of this surreptitious observation;
this scopophilic gaze.

I've never seen crooked beauty like yours
A visage chiseled by the gods' hands alone.
I dream of drowning inside your villainous stare;
Of caressing my tongue across finely chiseled bone

I can almost taste the burning smash of your skin
I wonder is looking really such a sin?
If so I confess
to this voyeuristic ecstasy once again.

I've never seen the sun
Until it bleach-kissed your hair.
And yes, I want to disappear, die
when I look into your eyes
and know I'll never really see you in there.

I will always be suspended in the imagined look;
And you, always caught in the reluctant stare.

I've never seen beauty borne of nature and mere DNA
so magnificently before;
Michelangelo himself would have stared in revelatory disbelief
Smashing David hopelessly to the workshop floor.

With a hint of your beguiling smile
revealing slightly spaced-apart teeth
like an old picket fence bravely standing askew
I've falled in love with every imperfection with which the gods blessed you
and especially with
the crooked little scar curving delicately across your face.

I ache to run my finger gently down its winding path
and wonder of the accident that dared mark forever
such elegance and exquisiteness, such mortal grace.

I've fallen for you
in a dark room
Oh God I've done it so many times before
Lost in the flickering shadow and light of a celluloid paradox
A dream factory where I am ruined and yet burn for more.

You cannot claim to be
the unknowing or unwilling victim
because I know you have sacrificed yourself to these strange desires
and must expect these bizarre fetishes;
surely they must find you on occasion
when you are alone?

Do you ever feel them
following you like phantoms
walking down the asphalt street on a white-hot Los Angeles afternoon
A sudden summer shiver; do you turn and feel someone staring right through you?

Know this to be true
It is someone... somewhere ...
falling in love with the mere sight of you
in a cool and lonely
dark room.

No comments: