Friday, March 31, 2006

MadameBastet-firing-neurons

MadameBastet-firing-neurons
Zoe is sleeping on the bed.
Her warm, furry little body curled up by my pillow.
She loves her momma's scent.
There are pills, and days, and pills, and more days.
And there is anguish and beauty and insanity beyond
all comprehension.

Bella decided to nickname me 'Bubbles' today.
Her laugh is like that of an angel.
Blake lost a tooth and the Tooth Fairy was late
arriving with proper payment
What do you get for a tooth these days?
What's the going rate?

Sometimes I look around the table
and the piercing innocence on these little faces
almost breaks my heart.
I don't want them to ever change
and yet I know they must...evolve, grow, learn, know.

Discover one day
there are no Tooth Fairies
Or Easter Bunnies
Or Santa Claus
That's easy in the madness of this world.

It is finding out
there is no security
no safety
no where to hide
that I am frightened of...
for them, for myself.

Their leaders have gone mad
and we are pawns in a game we could never have imagined
would be so evil.

Until then, I shall revel in a world
where leprechauns are real
lollipops grow overnight
and Zero the Hero
conquers all.

No comments: