Tuesday, March 28, 2006

MadameBastet-firing-neurons

MadameBastet-firing-neurons
The rain was incessant today
and the madness of my nocturnal insanity
found relief all day on the couch.
What dreams! Hell if I remember any of them.

I hate days like today.
Trapped. Helpless. Down.
Feeling like death warmed over.
Tried to finish my essay for the credential program.
Why I want to be a teacher.
Blah blah blah fuckity blah.

Oh you know, the ususal reasons.
The glamour, the prestige, the insane perks
and fantastic salary.
Why the hell do you think I want to be a teacher?
I'm a masochist
and have been since the start of this
clever little game.

My new mattress arrives tomorrow.
Troops coming home from war wouldn't make me anymore excited.
I've been sleeping like shit for months.
Yeah, it is the little things...the little things with big prices.

So Monday I was an Old Maid
what shall tomorrow bring
more rain perhaps?
Relief from myself is always the hope.

The children save me from myself.
Thank God for small mercies.

No comments: