Tuesday, August 29, 2006


MadameBastet-Firing-Neurons

Narcissus Redux

You were never a chrome hero I begged to follow
Merely a divine and tantalising shadow of an elegant beauty
Oh but you were as a God; a mesmerising form I longed to make love to
You were some twentieth-century icon created for fun

I suppose that I shall make some
sufficient payment for it
(not unlike all the rest)
Ecclesiastical wishes fall by the wayside
when you command them to undress

Shall I hold the utmost honour of becoming
the sweetest taste of the vile and bitter fruit
that is you
Your concupiscent self plucked carelessly
from the crowd?
Or just another entrance point for your manhood
Another mirror to reflect your fading beauty

When it is over
this white-hot penetration
will you even stoop to pretend
that I meant something more
than a woman of no importance
who posessed no difficulty
lying down and spreading my legs wide
and accepting the God that was you?

You must know your cruelty
far outweighs whatever beauty is left
in that angular, hard facade you possess
Your words like arrows
Your eyes contain a darkness only
you will ever understand
Though I doubt you even have the ability
for profound introspection
Maslow would find you a sad case study indeed

You must know your reign is slowly ending
Your knighthood stripped away
Your servants are building your tomb my Lord
You've given your secrets away

You use and use without care or concern
Scorn is the currency of your day
You toss us away like yesterday's news
You open your mouth and perform the ugliest of plays

Your throne is ash now
Your soul has set like the sun
And your delusions keep you company
when all is said and done.

Photo: Who in the world could this be???

3 comments:

Bimbo said...

"I suppose that I shall make some
sufficient payment for it"

Oh, God... I know, I know.

General Catz said...

concupiscent? wtf is that? and yes, i know who the photograph is of.

love
s

daydreamer said...

See, that's the thing that gets me about poetry. I never know wtf anyone's talking about.

Sandy