Sunday, July 09, 2006

MadameBastet-Firing-Neurons

Breakdown

Well, I'm not even sure this is going to post correctly
as apparently something is fucked up with my blog. I
thought it might have to do with something in regards to
the last blog, so I deleted it. I don't know how my blog looks
now to other people. It looks fine to me, but obviously
something's wrong.

I think I finally cracked today. I'd been studying science so
long and so hard my brain literally hurt. Even though I know
your brain can't hurt; I swear mine did. I promised my tutor
Mike I'd take a practice CSET math test and I did this morning
and fucked it up in more ways than I can count. Granted I was
tired (what else is new), anxious, totally froze up when I realized
I didn't even know how to go about the first question. I blew so
many - I would've failed and the test is less than two weeks away.

There's a lot riding on this test - mainly my ability to student
teach in January. I need to do that to continue forward and make
money. I don't have endless amounts of money. I just paid a bunch
of medical bills, my tuition, credit cards, cell phone...Jesus it adds
up. I've never been so frazzled and out of it. I am really scared.
This is not like me. I am usually very organized, on top of everything,
I remember everything, and conduct my life in a pretty
responsible manner.

I've always prided myself on being on top of EVERYTHING.
I am nothing if not organized, responsible and conscientious.
Yes, I am a perfectionist and over the years I've learned to let that
go, but it's hard. Even with FMS I am a type A personality.

I realized, with complete horror and shock (I am a bit of a drama
queen) that I completely forgot to pay my estimated taxes in June.
I pay taxes four times a year on the interest I get from the modest
inheritance I received from my father. The week the taxes were due
was the week my friend had surgery, the week I went to meet Anderson Cooper, the week my kids graduated, and the last day of school. In ten years, I have NEVER forgotten to pay my taxes.
I know it's not the end of the world - hell, I'm sure the penalty
won't be that huge, but it was like an indictment of how disorganized
and scrambled my brain has become. I couldn't even blame that
goof on the test.

I had a miserable day today. Gena took me out, we had lunch
and I know I was a lousy companion. I'd just essentially failed my
math test and I've spent hundreds of dollars on this tutor. I am NOT
a stupid person. I have a master's degree, I had almost a 4.0 in
grad school, I have a fairly decent IQ. I just cannot comprehend
math. And apparently I'm missing science questions I should be
getting too. The problem with these fucking tests is that they
expect you to study and know EVERYTHING - and it's impossible.
I have an excellent memory and I have an amazing amount of
knowledge in my head, but it never seems to be enough.

I've been very emotional, crying at the drop of a hat. I've noticed
when I type letters my words are screwed up. My spelling is totally
off. I can't seem to form sentences when I speak. My house is a mess.
I started stuttering last night talking to my mom - I've never
stutterd in my life. I'm tired constantly. I'm in pain all the time -
I'm sure it's do to the mental stress I'm under.

I know this isn't a life or death situation; it just would be so
easier for me if I pass this now, rather than have to take it again
in September when school is started and I have four classes to go
to.

The thing that scared me the most, is I am so preoccupied,
I almost caused an accident driving with my friend in the car.
She said she was going to drive until my test was over. It's fine
with me. I am struggling with myself to just let go of this - all
I ever wanted to do was matter a little bit in this world - to make
the world a better place. I love teaching. Why is it so hard? I've
proven I'm a good college teacher and I'm excellent with little
kids. They're screaming for good teachers - here I am you fuckers!

Tonight G and I saw Pirates - wow. I'm exhausted from seeing it.
It was fun,and Johnny Depp was naturally delicious - but there was
SO much action in it that I think it was a bit much. It ended exactly
as if there is a sequel coming...and of course we know there is.

Today G and went to Whole Foods. I shelled out and bought some
Manuka Honey. Damn, that IS expensive. I tasted it tonight. I am so
used to the clover honey I get that the manuka honey tasted slightly
bitter to me...but I think it's good and it'll grow on me. I've got to
make it last, haha. Whole Foods is introducing a huge new line of
vegan foods - they looked good. I know I couldn't go vegan. But I was
reading one of their vegetarian magazines and I am seriously
considering going vegetarian. Long before I listend to Steve Kilbey
ramble on about the horrors of meat, I have been conflicted when
eating meat. I might start to gradually phase meat out of my life and see how I do. Its' funny, G was busy buying something and I stood in
front of all the beers looking at the. I don't normally drink beer but
I somehow wanted to get really plastered. The guy at Whole Foods
said, "Can I help you?" and I said, "Yeah, I wanna get drunk." I
don't think he knew what to make of that! He kind of laughed. He
said "Well if I can help you with any specific brands, let me know."
Yeah, how about something herbal?

Steve, lovely soul that he is, actually answered many of our questions,including mine. I loved his answer. He is a good guy -
learning to be nice. Funny, I've been so nice my whole life I
think I've let people run right over me. I don't need to learn
to be nice. But we're all here for different lessons. I need to learn
to let go and let God.

I absolutely refuse to have my Church week ruined by this test.
By next Monday, I want the bulk of my studying done. I will not study on Friday, the day before the test. Sadly I might
have to leave that show early - it figures the show is in
Anaheim and I'm in Simi Valley. I need a few
hours of sleep before the test.

This is an introduction to all my new blogger friends to how
anal retentive and perfectionistic I am, haha. I just want to give
myself a break. I feel so much pressure, and all, the pressure
is coming from within me. It's been this way my whole life. It's
a miserable way to live. I haven't pursued a new goal for so long
that I haven't had to feel any pressure. I was in a comfort zone
and I've pushed myself out of that zone. It's a bitch.

Tomorrow I plan to study math, slowly, and learn what I screwed
up on. Monday Mike is coming and then he is not coming until the
Thursday before the test. I figure at that point, I'll either sink or
swim as they say.

I can't believe I just spent $3000 on bills, tuition, parking passes, etc.

I'm praying to the Gods, whatever might be up there, to let me
get my head on straight. A stupid test isn't worth my health, it
isn't worth getting my friend and I killed in the car. I look forward
to next Monday, when I plan to essentially let it go and concentrate
on the Church activities. I feel like I deserve to enjoy myself and have a good time.

Life is short, this shit isn't worth it. Mostly I think I am worried about finances. I NEED to go back to work and start bringing in
money again, instead of all money going OUT.

Time for bed. Bless those poor souls in that Russian air crash.
I am well aware that my problems really don't amount to a hill
of beans in this crazy world. I hope the crash doesn't scare Steve.
I swear once, I spent years flying and every single time I would fly,
I kid you not, right before I flew there would be a major air disaster.
That did not help my fear of flying, to say the least.

So much pain, and grief and sorrow. Usually I am really good
at getting perspective on things. Hopefully I will be better.
And hopefully this blog looks normal. If not, please tell me.

4 comments:

General Catz said...

blog looks good! it's back.

sorry to hear you're hitting the wall. maybe it IS time to take a break from it, even for a day. they say a distraction before a big event actually helps you remember things when you need to. i hope you can be kind to yourself and realize that a breakdown isn't worth the price.

many hugs. xx

daydreamer said...

I knew the timing sucked, but didn't realize it sucked THIS bad. I guess I didn't realize it was all one big test and thought you'd have some of it out of the way by the time of the concerts. And Simi Valley to Anaheim.. uhg!

I'm with gc on this, take care of yourself, girl. Dole out that honey sparingly - maybe it will help.

ps I like Steve's *first* answer to your question :)

lily was here said...

Give yourself a break girl! ease up a little and dont be so hard on yourself .... maybe just put everything aside for an hour, clear your head and do something totally for yourself like meditation, yoga? go for a long walk? sleep, hey thats a good one, people forget to do it :) hope things look better in the morning
Sue
x
ps i went to buy some manuka and it was $10 for a small jar here! yikes. Decided after I'd left town that I should've just bought it, $10 is nothing these days hey! Capt Mish and I were laughing about how we now measure price by jars of Manuka :)

Thomas Irvin said...

Do you have a ride to and from the Church show? That would be the thing to do--sleep in the car.