Wednesday, July 26, 2006



MadameBastet-Firing-Neurons


Bark and Bite

Killer mom was insane
Accidental history
How far does I’m sorry go?
Office drone by day, stripper by night
I bloomed!
Face to face with a suspected serial killer
What’s the way out?

Mother’s shocking confession
Sorry, but my children bore me to death
Monsoon prayers, future scenarios
Scientists create a sense of déjà vu
In laboratory

I was on a divine mission
seeing God personified
in a black dog and the eyes of a cat
God seemed to 'stare' back at me

If I’m to be executed please make it by firing squad
Waxing of Shiloh and Cassini finds lakes on Titan
Has the internet killed the video star?
Mighty Mouse loses its tail
Cheaper strategy to fight heroin addiction

Do you know any of them?
Murderer took pictures of women
104 year old living in squalor
Talks fail
Power shortage
Nine die
and some members
of the Roman Catholic Church
hierarchy are behaving
as if they were in
"the times of the Inquisition"

With friends like these…
Drowning in blood
Consistant inconsistancy
Round and round
Violence still terrible
World War III: Yay or nay?

Snake gulps queen-sized electric blanket
While voodoo faithful pray for miracles
California is cooking
Explore the infinite beauty of the universe.

This poem wrote itself thanks to the insanity of the world and news headlines...

2 comments:

daydreamer said...

That's kinda how my brain goes after I read the paper. Good job, Denise!

Queen Hatshepsut said...

Thanks S. I think that's exactly what I was trying to get across. My brain just read these nutty headlines and they kept buzzing around forever. Insanity!