Tuesday, March 17, 2009


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Just a few updates from my oh so exciting life...for the millions of readers of this blog. ;)

Sarcasm is alive and well today!

I took my last two exams on Saturday and something rather freaky deaky happened. I either aced them both or failed them miserably because I thought they were both waaaaaaay easy. Especially the linguistics one. It was one of those testing situations where you feel totally off kilter - like they're playing a trick on you or something. Paranoid? Me? No. So I'll find out if I passed or failed on April 13th. I am SO looking forward to doing some more Tom Cruise couch jumping. Please God - let it be!

I have been working a lot more. Yesterday I worked at a middle school and - hold onto your hats folks- I had 6 good classes. I mean, really good. The first period was so quiet I wasn't even sure the kids were alive. It was a GOOD day. I think I'm working tomorrow at the same school for some other teacher. And I almost always work Thursdays and Fridays. I'm hoping to make enough money this month to cover my insane rent. Teachers are getting burned out at this time of year. I should know. I almost cracked at the beginning of last April.

I switched taking my AD from taking it at night to taking it in the morning. I think it's helping the insomnia. Night before last I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and never went back to sleep; just went to work, like a zombie. Last night I took one Tylenol PM and slept the whole night - with the TV on - which I never do. When I saw the sun this morning I almost wept.

So I was thinking about my paternal grandmother, Nanny Pat, today. (Yes, we called her Nanny). I always think of her on St. Patrick's Day because her family came here from Ireland. YES! I am part Irish! I'm pretty sure, except for my Dad's grandpa, who came here from Germany at the turn of the 20th century, that almost all my relatives came here from somewhere in the British Isles. I am not doing anything especially Irish today, haha. Going to dinner with me mum tonight, that's all.

I'm actually going to my friend Cheri's school today for a fundraiser and to meet her class of second graders. She pretty much hates second grade but had to take what she got last year. You should hear how she talks about some of the kids! Of course it's no worse than how I talked about my 5th grade class. Teachers are horrible people, privately. Heh. The fundraiser involves IN N OUT burgers, and while I hardly EVER eat beef, I will make an exception for these stunning yummy cheeseburgers. I do feel kind of guilty since I almost meat-free these days. But damn why do some things have to taste so good! I try to just put it out of my mind. Denial can be a wonderful thing. Well, not for the cow.

Oh I just realized I have nothing green to wear. If these second graders try pinching me I am going to kick them like footballs through a field goal post. I told you teachers are secretly horrible people. ;)

I am listening to Pangaea. I really like it. I pray the Church comes here this summer. I am getting more excited at the prospect of possibly seeing them.

Non-sequiter - I just tried to this Frederic Fekkai dry powder that you put in your hair if you don't want to wash it. How weird is that? It's supposed to clean your hair somehow. I doubt it. It'll just look like I dumped some flour in my hair.

Ok, that's about all folks. Sorry I haven't more exciting news to report. I'm just so relieved NOT to have to study all the time. Now I have to start seriously looking for a job - getting the resumes out and stuff. If only I could PAY someone to do this for me. I HATE looking for a job. Although I'm not sure I've ever met anyone who enjoys it. Duh.

2 comments:

Thomas Irvin said...

I get really tired of people telling me that they're "sure that I passed" which is based on some vague notion that I'm smart, but I'm going to do the same thing to you--I'm sure you passed. I have no doubt that you can kick ass on the linguistics test, vowel shift and all.

Here's to couch-jumping.

veleska1970 said...

jump on your couch now, denise, because i'm sure you passed, too. it has always been my personal experience that when i breeze through an exam, it was easy and i passed it with flying colours.

what a coincidence~~we used to call my maternal grandmother "nanny", too!! i don't know why or where it came from, but that's what we used to call her. and i'm also part irish, too, on my dad's side.

your abilify is keeping you up at night? i don't have that problem; in fact, just the opposite. but then again, i take it in conjunctin with zoloft, and zoloft is notorious for making you very sleepy and sluggish, so i take them both at night and sleep.

yay for having a good class, finally. and don't worry about being "horrible" in private, us photogs are the same way, too. ;) bratty kids are thorns in anyone's sides. last week i was at a private christian school, and you would think that a christian school would be better behaved than a regular school, but they aren't. they are worse. it was one of the worst shoots i've ever been on.

isn't "pangaea" a good song? i downloaded it and haven't been able to get enough of it. i really and truly hope that the guys tour this summer. and hopefully we can meet up somewhere. i'd love to meet you and stacey and holly. after 3 years it's about time!!!