Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Defeated

How far
How deep
How far down
can you be beaten
into the ground

I remembered a ghost last night
In the flickering blue light of the TV screen
And the images in my mind
Was it all a dream?

What happened to the beauty
I had inside of me?
What has happened to my humanity?
I am no one and no where

I am unrecognisable to myself
And all those around me
If you think you know me
You've been fooled too
This is a shell, some kind of debauchery

The more I've learned the less I know
The more I've seen the less I see
I turn my head away from all reflections
For if you spend time with monsters
you become a monster
and this monster is me.

1 comment:

General Catz said...

Lovely poem. Did you know you quoted Bono?

Sorry to hear you sound so glum. Don't forget you are loved!